Most recipes I have found for any type of cinnamon roll require a bread making process, which makes for a very tricky process when converting to gluten free AND you have to wait for the dough to rise and I just do not have the patience for that. When I want a cinnamon roll, I want it right then!!!
I searched "Cinnamon Roll Cupcake" on Pinterest and found a recipe for just that on The Cake Blog. It was my lucky day! This marvelous recipe is a fresh cinnamon roll in simple cupcake form! I modified most of the recipe to make it more of my own (and gluten free) and it turned out fabulously. The house smelled like the Toll House Bakery and my family gobbled them right up.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- 2 1/2 cups Glutino All-Purpose Flour Mix
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Dash of Salt
- 1 1/2 sticks Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups Buttermilk
- 3/4 stick Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 stick Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 4 tbsp Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
2. In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until well combined.
3. In a larger bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugar until well combined.
4. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. Add the Vanilla and buttermilk and mix well.
6. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture slowly, mixing as you go.
7. Scoop about 1 Tbsp of batter into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
8. Add a little bit of the cinnamon swirl on top of the mix and stir in with a tooth pick.
9. Add another Tbsp of batter on top of cinnamon swirl, then add some more cinnamon swirl and stir gently with a tooth pick.
10. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
11. Let cupcakes cool before drizzling (or dunking) cupcakes with glaze.
These are best nice and warm but also serve as a nice coffee cake the next day!