I got the inspiration from browsing Pinterest and being bombarded by all the warm, cinnamon, gooey, fall desserts. My mom and I combined what we thought looked most delicious from a few recipes and invented our own, surprisingly simple, perfectly satisfying fall treat! These pies are perfectly balanced with their sweet apple butter filling, cinnamon spiced crust, and buttery crumble on top.
Gluten Free Apple Tiny Pies:
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups one minute oatmeal, finely ground
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
* Mix all ingredients together until well mixed.
* Put 3 tablespoons of mixture into the bottom of four, lightly greased, 6 ounce ramekins.
* Press the mix into the bottom and up the sides of the ramekin.
* Bake at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes.
For the Filling:
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 small apple (we used honey crisp), chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup apple butter
*Mix all ingredients together and distribute filling evenly among the four ramekins.
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup one minute oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, cold
*Mix together the oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
* Roughly chop cold butter into the mixture.
* Using your fingers, pinch the butter and mixture together to form a crumble.
* Distribute crumble topping evenly among the four ramekins.
Bake the Apple Tiny Pies at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. They are best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a dash of cinnamon, but they are just as tasty on their own.
This recipe is definitely one of my new favorites, and I hope it becomes one of yours too.