My family and I happened upon one of Memphis' newest restaurants and it ended up being such a happy and delicious Friday night. Bounty on Broad was super cool, fresh, and a totally new approach to Memphis and Family dining.
Bounty is trying to focus the serving of the food to "family style". Everyone has their own plate and when a dish comes out, you just scoop a little (or a lot) on your plate. Between the four of us we ordered nine dishes. I am going to go step by step through each dish because they were all that good and deserve equal love and affection
- Cheese Plate - The plate came with four different types of cheese and the most delicious crackers we have ever eaten (plus they were homemade). It was the perfect size even for four people and all the cheese was different, but not yucky.
- Seared tuna - Slices of seared tuna rested on edamame hummus. This dish was SO fresh and the hummus was the perfect pair with the tuna. If you love sushi, this is perfect for you!
- Stuffed quail- This pork belly stuffed quail sat in a butternut squash puree and transported us straight to thanksgiving - in a good way. We made this sweet and savory dish disappear in an instant.
- Beef bavette - This flank steak was cooked to perfection. It had the slightest bit of spice, but the taste of the meat was incredible. It was the biggest of the meat dishes, each of us got about three slices of steak..
- Pommes frites - French for french fries, the pommes frites were decorated with country ham, scallion creme, and goat cheese. Notice I didn't say smothered. There are just the right amount of toppings to make the fries indulgent, but not too many toppings to make them soggy. Really perfect - really really really delicious.
- Brussel sprouts - Most people are turned off by this stinky veggie, but my family is a fan. These did not let us down. Cooked with onions, these little babies were the perfect addition to the quail and beef
- Banana bread- I usually don't spring for dessert, but since I could eat anything here, I went for it and I'm so glad I did! It was full of banana and the home made vanilla bean ice cream on top made it even more decadent.
- Chocolate nirvana - This dessert was on the smaller side, but it packed a chocolatey punch. Layers of flourless chocolate cake, nutella creme mousse, and fresh whipped cream made us argue over who got to scrape the bowl (I won).
- Homemade ice cream - Three scoops of ice cream made up this yummy bowl - vanilla bean, buttermilk, and orange nutella. They were really truly satisfying even to a family that doesn't often like ice cream. Even the orange and nutella. So strange but soooo good.
You won't feel like you're in Memphis while eating here. It was a little one and a half hour "staycation" for us and I hope you will give it a try too!
Better yet, they change the menu seasonally so every trip is a new adventure.
Be aware: Bounty only accept credit cards and a reservation is required!